In our continued effort to give back, share, and be involved in our community, we are hosting a drive to collect much needed items for Turning Point.
Turning Point, of Macomb County provides much needed assistance to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Assistance is provided in many forms, including emergency shelter for women and children, support services and resources, counseling and legal assistance. All provided services are to help survivors regain a sense of control and direction in their own lives.
Please see the list of much needed items:
- Gift Cards – Meijer, Walmart, Kroger, Lowes, Home Depot, Staples & any gas station
- Office Supplies – Pens, paper (colored, construction & copier), sharpies, sticky notes, staples, packing tape, file folders & glue sticks
- Household Products – Paper towel, tissue, garbage bags, plates, cups, plastic silverware, dish, hand & laundry soap, dryer sheets, twin size sheets & blankets, all purpose cleaner, disinfectant wipes, zip lock bags, buckets & toilet paper
- Infants – Large size diapers & pull-ups, wipes, food, formula, carriers, onesies, bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, bibs, high chairs/booster seats, car seats & monitors
- Kids – Video game consoles, controllers and games, multicultural dolls, art supplies, batteries, new clothing, PJ’s, socks, underwear, coats
- Food – Individually wrapped snacks, coffee & condiments, hot & cold cereals, canned goods, pancake mix & syrup, bottled water & any non-perishables
- Personal Hygiene – Shampoo, deodorant (men & women), body wash, toothpaste and brushes, feminine products, combs & brushes, razors & shaving cream
- Pet – Dog & cat food, dog & cat treats, litter, collars, leashes and crates.
Please know that no contribution is too small and that every contribution helps. Items collected are used at the shelter and also provided to the families in their care.
The drive will be held November 20, 2017 – December 1, 2017 with bins available at both stores for donated items to be placed. If you wish to make a monetary donation, please contact John’s Lumber and ask for Tina or Bill.