John’s Lumber & Hardware – Shelby Twp, MI
John’s Lumber is seeking an ambitious, energetic candidate to fill an immediate full time opening. This position will provide support to our Outside Sales team at our Shelby Twp. location. For the right candidate this is a great learning opportunity with growth potential.
This position requires strong communication, customer service skills and the ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
• Direct point of contact for customers
• Prepare and create quotes and estimates
• Create and process customer orders
• Resolve customer concerns and discrepancies
• Work within established guidelines for credit and invoicing of customer jobs
• Communicate with customers to convey any information which may effect orders, delivery or pricing
• Willing to learn about products and programs related to our industry
• Train in other functions related to sales
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter.
We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes 401k, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, life and short term disability.
Since 1947, John’s Lumber has grown to become one of Metro Detroit’s largest building supply dealers, employing many experienced professionals who serve homeowners and builders throughout the area. John’s Lumber remains family owned and operated.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
Clinton Township, MI 48036 John’s Lumber
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
In this newly created role, we are seeking a creative and talented individual to take our brand to the next level. This position will create and execute marketing strategies and tactics to promote John’s Lumber across various mediums. If you are a self-starter looking for an opportunity to make your mark, this may be what you have been waiting for.
Essentials of the Position:
1. Develop and execute an effective and comprehensive marketing plan
2. Review website and work with I.T. to develop creative and engaging materials and content
3. Utilize various social media outlets and blogging as an effective marketing tool
4. Create, manage and maintain current and relevant content for all social media, email and marketing campaigns
5. Take the lead on event planning to introduce and promote products and sponsored events
6. Monitor and review effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns
Education and Experience Required:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
2. 1 – 3 years of demonstrated experience
3. Strong experience with Internet and Social Media marketing
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WordPress
6. Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously