The Office Administrator position is responsible for managing and overseeing a staff of 4-5 cashiers, maintaining cash and fixed asset accounts, depreciation schedules, bank reconciliation, and management of vehicle/property insurance. Successful candidates will be detailed and highly organized.
- Oversee cash account, including research of and resolving any over/short variances
- Prepare bank reconciliation monthly
- Monthly and annual filing of sales/use tax returns
- Manage, monitor and maintain all company vehicle policies and licenses
- File insurance claims for property, vehicle, and customer related insurance issues
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedule
- Manage office supplies and promotional products, making recommendations and purchases after researching and considering available options
- Lead a team of cashiers to perform duties as required of them, oversee scheduling, training, interviewing and hiring new cashiers, as the need arises
- Proven experience in a similar or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures
- Experience with basic accounting and accounting principles
- Knowledge of MS Office and ERP
- Bachelors degree preferred
John’s Lumber is an established family-owned company looking for an Accounts Receivable/Collections Associate. This position shares in the responsibility for managing the credit and the collection efforts of Accounts Receivable. Strong communication with our customers, sales staff, and management are also an integral part of this position.
- Maintains a line of communication via phone calls, emails, etc. with our customers to collect and ensure timely payment
- Manages all customers balances to ensure low risk of write offs
- Maintains least amount of collection days possible
- Verifies financial status of new customers and establishes credit worthiness to determine credit limits and terms of sale.
- Processes proper documentation for Notice of furnishings, liens, discharges, etc.
- Monitors account activity on aging report and determines actions necessary for delinquent accounts
- Works closely with sales department to determine collectability of accounts
- On-site inspection with Sales Manager to determine potential new business
- Determines credit limit and inputs information for new customers and jobs
- Processes customer payments and reconciles daily activity
- Ensures concentrated efforts into delinquent accounts before working with collection agency or attorney for collection
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures and recommend changes as appropriate
- 3-5 years of experience in credit, collections, and accounts receivable
- Excellent phone skills and professional etiquette required
- Strong leadership experience
- Professional and persuasive communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to manage delinquent accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. ERP system knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated successful track record in a similar role required
- Positive attitude, especially in a stressful situation
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We are currently seeking an experienced Contractor Sales Representative for the Clinton Township store to join our team. The ideal candidate will specialize in Remodeler and Contractor based products including but not limited to lumber, exterior decking, interior trim, windows, exterior doors, interior doors, light commercial, industrial, and hardware. This is accomplished by identifying target customers, making calls, visiting job sites and assisting customers in a timely and efficient manner with their projects and related product knowledge.
Requirements to be considered for the Position:
- Previous experience selling building materials to contractors
- Previous knowledge and experience in the building materials industry
- Demonstrate ability to increase sales and improve profitability
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand construction practices
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Responsibilities of the Position
- Build and Target customers, increase and maintain market share
- Collect and keep up-to-date information on customers’ product use and trends
- Service contractors by selling building materials
- Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company
- Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments
- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Every other Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- All relevant sales events before, during, or after hours
This commissioned sales position is expected to yield an annual earnings range of $40 up to $70K. We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes matching 401K, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, life and short term disability.
John’s Lumber is an established family-owned company looking to fill an opening for an experienced Sales Associate for our kitchen and bath cabinets showroom. We are seeking to fill positions at locations in Clinton Township (Gratiot & 15 Mile Rd.) and Shelby Township (Van Dyke & 23 Mile Rd.). This is a full time position with opportunity for growth and great earning potential.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Prior industry related sales experience
- Kitchen cabinet design experience or education
- Working knowledge of 20/20 design software
- Strong interest in selling to compliment the design aspect of this position
- Creativity and confidence
- Strong communication skills
- Professional, positive attitude
- Ability to work with various customers including home owners, contractors and builders
- Detail orientated
This position’s working environment is primarily at our store showroom, however there will be occurrences in which visits to a builder’s office, customer homes, or jobsites are necessary.
- Salary plus commission
- Competitive benefits package
- 5 day work week to include Saturday, which allows for some flexibility
Store hours Winter: M-F 8am – 5pm & Sat. 8am -12pm
Store hours Summer: M-F 7am – 6pm & Sat. 8am – 2pm
John’s Lumber is an established and family owned company currently seeking an experienced Class B CDL delivery driver for our Clinton Township location. This position does require heavy lifting and driving a 24′, manual transmission box van.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Accurately gather, prepare and hand load materials for delivery
- Organizing and properly securing loads
- Attain yard supervisor inspection and approval of load integrity and material count
- Complete timely and safe delivery of materials
- Off-loading materials, by hand
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Provide satisfactory service to customers
- Attend yard/store meetings and training
- Participate in inventory cycle counts
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to successfully complete all company training and certification requirements pertaining to equipment use, including obtaining forklift certification
- Ability to meet driver eligibility guidelines
- Safely operate the type of commercial motor vehicle required for delivering materials, by reason of training, experience or both
- Ability to successfully maintain Commercial Driver’s License with endorsement appropriate for equipment.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequently required to sit and use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls
- Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; push/pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
Must pass pre-employment drug test and physical.
We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes 401k, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, life and short term disability.