We are currently seeking an experienced Contractor Sales Representative for the Clinton Township store to join our team. The ideal candidate will specialize in Remodeler and Contractor based products including but not limited to lumber, exterior decking, interior trim, windows, exterior doors, interior doors, light commercial, industrial, and hardware. This is accomplished by identifying target customers, making calls, visiting job sites and assisting customers in a timely and efficient manner with their projects and related product knowledge.
Requirements to be considered for the Position:
- Previous experience selling building materials to contractors
- Previous knowledge and experience in the building materials industry
- Demonstrate ability to increase sales and improve profitability
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand construction practices
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Responsibilities of the Position
- Build and Target customers, increase and maintain market share
- Collect and keep up-to-date information on customers’ product use and trends
- Service contractors by selling building materials
- Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company
- Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments
- Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Every other Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- All relevant sales events before, during, or after hours
This commissioned sales position is expected to yield an annual earnings range of $40 up to $70K. We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes matching 401K, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, life and short term disability.
John’s Lumber is an established and family owned company currently seeking an experienced Class B CDL delivery driver for our Clinton Township location. This position does require heavy lifting and driving a 24′, manual transmission box van.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Accurately gather, prepare and hand load materials for delivery
- Organizing and properly securing loads
- Attain yard supervisor inspection and approval of load integrity and material count
- Complete timely and safe delivery of materials
- Off-loading materials, by hand
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Provide satisfactory service to customers
- Attend yard/store meetings and training
- Participate in inventory cycle counts
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to successfully complete all company training and certification requirements pertaining to equipment use, including obtaining forklift certification
- Ability to meet driver eligibility guidelines
- Safely operate the type of commercial motor vehicle required for delivering materials, by reason of training, experience or both
- Ability to successfully maintain Commercial Driver’s License with endorsement appropriate for equipment.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequently required to sit and use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls
- Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; push/pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
Must pass pre-employment drug test and physical.
We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes 401k, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance, life and short term disability.